Patch 0.3 Update: Final Boss Fight!
Updated: Oct 19, 2021
Welcome back, folks!
Are y’all ready for a good old fashioned patch update? I sure hope so!
This is kind of a doozy of an update. Not only have we seriously revamped fishing in Sun Haven, but we’ve added the final boss fight! And there are plenty of other changes to go over too, so let’s get into it.
Let’s start with the final boss fight, since that’s easily the coolest thing since sliced anything. We’ve added more to the main quest line, including the final boss section in Withergate. You’ll find that there are multiple ways to overcome the final boss, so you may have a tough decision to make depending on the type of character you’re playing - will you seek victory in the throes of battle or use your skills to work toward a peaceful alternative?
I’m really excited for you all to play through this content, because it includes some really unique rewards - including a LOT of cool loot!
Important note: The main quest line is NOT finished and there is more content on its way! We decided to jump ahead to the final boss section of the main quest line because the additional content is technically optional/not mandatory. Stick with us though, because we’re still working on adding a significant midsection to the main quest line!
In addition to adding the final boss, we’ve entirely revamped fishing, expanded on our update to the mines, and added 10 new NPCs to Withergate!
You know what? Why don’t you just take a gander at the full list of changes here:
Main Questline Updates:
- Added quests to the Withergate main storyline up to Confronting Dynus (6/6)
- You can now meet Dynus the Moon Dragon beneath Withergate Castle
- Challenge him to a duel or appease him with offerings to gain his favor
- Dynus Altar room is now functional
- 9 themed Altars to complete
-Complete Altars to receive exclusive rewards:
-New armor set, mount, crop and more!
Dynus Duel: - Battle the Moon Dragon in an epic fight!
- Note: You can fight Dynus in Single Player and Multiplayer but the fight is currently only a single player experience. You cannot currently fight him as a group.
- Defeat him or appease him to receive exclusive rewards
- A new Withergate based fishing map with increased fish quality and spawn rate
Glorite Mines: - Added 5 new Glorite mines maps - New rare ore: Glorite
- Can be used to craft the Glorite Tools and Glorite Furniture Set
- New Withergate NPCs with walk paths and dialogue cycles
- Added Withergate Bulletin Board
- 20 quests now available!
Mines update (2/2):
- Sun Haven Mines visual update
- New themes every 10 floors
- New mines music to match the new themes
Fishing System Overhaul:
- New Fishing mini game
- Added 35 new fish (15 Sun Haven, 10 Nel’Vari, and 10 Withergate)
- Added fishing nets to automate catching fish on the Sun Haven Player Farm
- Added 7 New Fishing rods with unique perks
- Fish are now consumable
- Fish now have specific locations, split between: Sun Haven player farm, Sun Haven Town, Sun Haven Beach, the forest, the wilderness, Nel’Vari town, Nel’Vari forest, Withergate Town, Withergate forest, and the Sewer
- Removed Copper, Iron, Adamant, Mithril, and Sunite Fishing Rods
Skill Tree Updates:
- Added an entirely new Fishing skill tree with 21 new skill nodes
- Combat tree rework
- Attack Damage rework
- Nodes that allow players to gain extra money have been rebalanced
- More farming skill nodes coming next patch
- Added 777 New Item Descriptions
- Buff icon trackers now visible above your toolbar
- New sound effects
- Chest Opening
- Fishing Line casting
- and More!
- New icons for a plethora of inventory items
- Crossbow damage balance
- Sword damage balancing
- Monster damage balancing
- Armor defense balancing
- Retuning Quest rewards to include Fishing EXP
- New hats, clothing, and accessories coming next patch
- Attempted fix for crashing
- Attempted fix for inventory wipe in Multiplayer
- Attempted fix for a bug preventing Sun Haven from opening
- Attempted fix for numerous other bugs
In case it’s not apparent by the content listed above, the Pixel Sprout team really busted it out for this patch! We hope you love the new content as much as we do. Be sure to take some screenshots of the new stuff and post it in our Screenshots channel on Discord! Personally, that’s my second favorite channel on the Sun Haven Discord, following close behind the Fan Art channel (so much talent though).
Thank you all for checking in on this update! Go play the new content already!!
Until next time, friends!
- Michael, Sun Haven Writer